If you want to get married outside of your own country, you are not alone. Lots of people dream about weddings in Italy, on beaches in Hawaii and the Bahamas...the list goes on. Your dream place could easily not be in your own country. However, the idea of getting married outside of your own country might seem like an unthinkable difficulty. How do you even begin to plan something like this?
Well, if you're thinking of getting married outside of your own country, here are some things to consider:
1. Can you afford the expenses? You have to consider accommodations, airfare, etc.
2. Are you really wedding to get married away from home? This could easily mean that some of your closest friends and family can't make the wedding.
3. Do you have the time to plan this? You can count on a wedding abroad taking more time to plan than a wedding in your own town.
4. Do you have the documents you're going to need? This includes passports, birth certificates, divorce papers & death certificates (if you were previously married), immunization records, parental consent letters (depending on how young you and your partner are), background checks, and embassy consent letters.
5. Plan on having a wedding ceremony when you get back home, too. There will, undoubtedly, be people who want to celebrate with you, but couldn't make it abroad.