After all the excitement of your big day - all the planning, preparations, tears and laughter, you're going to want to look at some wonderful wedding photographs that capture the mood of the whole occasion.
Obviously, as the bride, you want to make sure that you are looking radiant and poised - so that in years to come you can show your grandchildren just how gorgeous you were as a newly-wed couple.
So it's very important that you know how to pose perfectly for these all-important wedding photographs.
Who better to ask for deportment advice than ex-model Michele Paradise who runs The Bridal Coach?
Top Deportment Tips for Brides When Being Photographed
- Make like a model and stand with one foot in front of the other, turning your hips to one side a little. Avoid standing like a soldier on parade.
- Practise pulling in your tummy muscles and standing up straight by putting a broom handle between your shoulder blades. Remember good posture makes you look slimmer and your dress look so much better.
- Hold your wedding bouquet to one side, by your hip. If you hold it too high you'll raise your shoulders which looks unrelaxed and you'll also hide any beautiful detail on your bodice. Don't hold it too low either - on the hip is just right.
- Show off your engagement ring by putting your 'ring' finger on top of your bouquet.
- Smile with your eyes as well as your mouth.
You'll find more tips for looking your best on your wedding day in Michele's DVD which you can order online.
And if you've any personal tips for looking good in wedding photographs please share with us by leaving a comment below!