Did you know that the Christmas/New Year period is one of the peak times for getting engaged?
If you've received a proposal then your mind may already be in a whirl of wedding planning.
Mind you, it's important to keep your feet on the ground and to help you, here's a list of 20 New Year Resolutions for brides-to-be to be thinking about.
- I will sit down with my fiancé and plan a realistic wedding budget which we will stick to.
- I'll consider marrying midweek or out of season to make my budget stretch further.
- I'll keep an open mind when wedding dress shopping and listen to what the assistants in the boutique suggest I try on - and not be fixed in my ideas.
- I won't force my bridesmaids to wear dresses I've chosen - I'll mix and match and listen to what they have to say.
- I won't turn into a bridezilla and have tantrums when I don't get my own way.
- I will send out Save The Date cards as soon as we have a date.
- I won't underestimate the amount of time a DIY wedding would take me.
- I will choose a chief bridesmaid who'll be good at the job, rather than my best friend who's dreamy and not very efficient.
- I will choose flowers in season for my bouquet and my wedding decorations.
- I will write all my thank you notes promptly after the wedding.
- I'll research a wedding photographer carefully so I get the look I want.
- I will write a list of must-have shots for my photographer so that nothing gets missed out.
- I will put aside some of my wedding budget for a videographer (not having one is many brides' top regret)
- If I'm having an all day wedding from noon to midnight, I'll be realistic about feeding my guests three times and not scrimp on refreshments.
- I will wear my wedding shoes in on the carpet at home so they are reasonably comfortable and I am used to walking in them
- I won't have a dramatic hair cut/colour change just before my wedding day.
- I won't overdo the diet or crash diet in the weeks beforehand.
- I will try and keep my diet and fitness campaign up after the wedding.
- If I'm having a destination wedding, I will choose a dress that's suitable for the climate.
- I will relax and enjoy myself on my wedding day and take time out with my new spouse to reflect on everything!
Do you have any other resolutions to add?