(All images via Dessy Facebook page)
Today we're going to be talking goddess-style bridesmaid gowns - or to be a little more down to earth, let's call them one-shouldered bridesmaid dresses. Or maybe you'd describe them as asymmetric frocks.
Whatever. One thing is for sure though - they will make your maids look fabulous. Just look at these pictures of real bridesmaids wearing one-shouldered dresses at weddings to see.
- If your maids have athletic figures and broad shoulders then an asymmetric-styled frock will make them look very feminine
- Toned arms look fabulous in one-shoulder dresses
- See how a flattering ruched style would work for your bridesmaids
- One shoulder styles work well for girls with a larger bust as they offer more support than a strapless gown
- However they also work for girls with a smaller bust if they're ruched
- If the bride is going for a strapless gown, then a one-shoulder style creates a themed look (which will look wonderful in the photographs)
- Large chandelier earrings work beautifully with a one shoulder dress. You don't want to wear a necklace with this style - just put the jewellery focus on ears (and maybe add a bracelet or two)
- This is a style that won't date in a hurry. It's a classic - dating from Ancient Greece!
- Styles come in a range of fabrics - from a floaty chiffon through to a rich satin
- Shoulder details can be simple, or feature diamante for a bit of glitz or delicate fabric flowers
If you're having a cocktail party wedding, check out Dessy's shorter styled one-shoulder frocks
We've shown gowns in blush pink here, but Dessy has over 30 beautiful styles of one shouldered bridesmaid dress in a rainbow of colors - so you can pick out whichever works for you. Our styles come in floral fabrics and darker shades of course, both of which would work well at future events - whether a garden party or a formal evening dinner and dance.